Q & A
  • Q :As a Chinese citizen studying abroad, I am wondering this program is available only to non-Chinese passport holders?

    AIt is OK to apply for this program as a Chinese citizen studying abroad.

  • Q : Is that possible to waive the English proficiency since I have been studying in English speaking country for many years?

    AIf you have studied in an English speaking institution, or have courses taught at your university in English (excluding English language courses) you may meet our English proficiency requirements Evidence of this will either need to be included on a transcript or letter from your university,and be uploaded when applying in system for reference.

  • Q : Can I transfer the credits back to my home university once I finish the courses in Peking University?

    AAbout credit transfer, please consult your home university for the credits accepted and transferred.
    1 PKU course = 32 hours = 2 PKU credits
    Here are some known transfer,UCEAP requires the preview of course syllabus, and will categorize the courses from upper to lower division, with the credits transfer vary in different situations.

  • Q : Who can be the emergency contact in China?

    AAn applicant's emergency contact can be a relative or friend in China. However, applicants can provide the contacts of his/her parent.

  • Q :Is there any scholarship in PKU Summer School International?

    ASorry that this summer program doesn’t provide general scholarships yet. If you are from a Partner University, there will be Scholarship of RMB 1000 (direct deduction from tuition).

  • Q :Can I change courses or add courses after finishing my application?

    AOnce all courses have been selected and paid for, they cannot be withdrawn from or changed, or may any new courses be added. In occasional cases, specific courses may be cancelled due to minimum enrollment requirement, and affected students will be notified to choose an existing course in substitute of the cancelled course.

  • Q : How will my certificate and transcript be delivered?

    AAll students will receive the soft copy of your certificate and transcript through Email. And if you apply for the hard copy, it will be delivered by plain mail.